Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Breaklunch

I just made a salad, but I'm not allowed to eat it yet. I will be fantasizing about it all morning, salivating through class. It's not the kind of salad I usually make - I'm usually a spinach, goat cheese, cucumber, apple, craisin, red pepper, bacon sort of salad girl. But today I went for a more Mediterranean flair: romaine lettuce (I think it's the first time I've ever bought romaine lettuce, but I wanted a little more crunch), artichoke hearts, banana peppers, kalamata olives, mushrooms, red onion, tomatoes, and topped off with feta cheese and a couple pepperoncini (what's the singular form of pepperoncini? pepperoncin? pepper? pepperoni?).

I'm breaking my fast two meals early. My fasting buddy and motivator dropped out after the first day (wimp!). And in the office yesterday everyone was eating pizza and sandwiches, and a salad that almost drove me insane. So I decided that I could quit early. Especially since I went to a bar last night and refrained from eating or drinking anything other than cranberry juice. I figure that was a pretty good test of my willpower, and I triumphed, even if I am failing in the long run. I think I've spent about seven hours in the past two days thinking specifically and very detailed-ly about food. Now, to be honest, that's probably not a whole lot more time than usual, but usually I can do something about it and eat. My point is, it was difficult and I'm food-obsessed. I guess that's two points. Anyway, I've got big, healthy (mostly - there might be some pizza in there, and It's pretty much impossible for me to eat less than half a pizza when we make one) food plans in the coming days, so I'll do my best to make everyone jealous of my eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment