Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Food

What I really wanted was wine and cheese. Unfortunately, I only had an hold half bottle of red wine, and no cheese. So I investigated the pantry and decided to stick with the Mediterranean theme. I made pasta with a simple saute of olives, garlic, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red onion, and a little butter and olive oil. I wasn't expecting deliciousness, but that's what I got. The first bite was this slippery amalgamation of texture and color - the inky dark olives, the bright red tomatoes, the pale artichoke hearts with their hint of purple at the stem. The slight chewiness of the tomatoes, the crunch of the pine nuts, the soft give of the pasta itself. Way better than wine and cheese. I like the steam from the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment